Company makes no representation that the Website is appropriate or available in other locations other than where it is operated by Company. The information provided on the Website is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Company to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT BY CONTINUING TO USE THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THIS AGREEMENT, OR TO MODIFICATIONS THAT COMPANY MAY MAKE TO THIS AGREEMENT IN THE FUTURE, DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OR CONTINUE TO USE OR ACCESS THE COMPANY SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Website or the Company Services (“Submissions”) provided by you to Company are non-confidential and Company (as well as any designee of Company) shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You may not access or use the Website for any other purpose other than that for which Company makes it available. The Website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Company. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
A. attempting to bypass any measures of the Website designed to prevent or restrict access to the Website, or any portion of the Website
B. attempting to impersonate another user or person or using the username of another user
C. criminal or tortious activity
D. deciphering, decompiling, disassembling or reverse engineering any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website
E. deleting the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Website content
F. engaging in any automated use of the system, such as using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools
G. except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, using or launching, developing or distributing any automated system, including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or “bot”), cheat utility, scraper or offline reader that accesses the Website, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software
H. harassing, annoying, intimidating or threatening any Company employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Company Services to you
I. interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services connected to the Website
J. making any unauthorized use of the Company Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses
K. systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from Company
L. tricking, defrauding or misleading Company and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as passwords
M. using any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person
N. using the Company Services as part of any effort to compete with Company or to provide services as a service bureau
O. using the Website in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The content on the Website (“Company Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”) are owned by or licensed to Company, and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Company Content, includes, without limitation, all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics. All Company graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, common law trademarks or trade dress of Company in the United States and/or other countries. Company’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Company.
Company Content on the Website is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, aggregated, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Provided that you are eligible to use the Website, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Website and the Company Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Company Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Website and Company Content and Marks.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Website contains (or you may be sent through the Website or the Company Services) links to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Websites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Websites accessed through the Website or any Third Party Content posted on, available through or installed from the Website, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Websites or the Third Party Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Website or any Third Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Website and access the Third Party Websites or to use or install any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Website or relating to any applications you use or install from the Website. Any purchases you make through Third Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and Company takes no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
Company reserves the right but does not have the obligation to:
A. monitor the Website for violations of this Agreement;
B. take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Company’s sole discretion, violates this Agreement, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
C. in Company’s sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to or availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any user’s contribution or any portion thereof that may violate this Agreement or any Company policy;
D. in Company’s sole discretion and without limitation, notice or liability to remove from the Website or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to Company’s systems;
E. otherwise manage the Website in a manner designed to protect the rights and property of Company and others and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Website.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website or are otherwise a user or member of the Website, as applicable. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions for terminating user accounts in your account settings, if available, or by contacting us using the contact information below.
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE COMPANY SERVICES, TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION, AND COMPANY MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE WEBSITE AND THE COMPANY SERVICES.
In order to protect the integrity of the Website and Company Services, Company reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block certain IP addresses from accessing the Website and Company Services.
Any provisions of this Agreement that, in order to fulfill the purposes of such provisions, need to survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement, shall be deemed to survive for as long as necessary to fulfill such purposes.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CERTAIN STATES ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT, WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR OBLIGATION, AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO MIDNIGHT OF COMPANY’S THIRD BUSINESS DAY FOLLOWING THE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT, EXCLUDING SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS. TO CANCEL, CALL A COMPANY CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS USING THE CONTACT INFORMATION LISTING BELOW IN THIS AGREEMENT OR BY ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS. THIS SECTION APPLIES ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN STATES WITH SUCH LAWS.
Company may modify this Agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this Agreement will be posted on the Website and revisions will be indicated by date. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Company Services after any such modification becomes effective. It is therefore important that you regularly review this Agreement and keep your contact information current in your account settings to ensure you are informed of changes. You agree that you will periodically check the Website for updates to this Agreement and you will read the messages we send you to inform you of any changes. Modifications to this Agreement shall be effective after posting.
Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Company Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Company Services.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction.This Agreement and all aspects of the Website and Company Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State/Commonwealth of Texas, without regard to conflict of law provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to informal dispute resolution or arbitration (as set forth below), you agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the state and federal courts located in Harris County, State of Texas, and yhou hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts. Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded from this Agreement. Additionally, application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) is excluded from this Agreement. In no event shall any claim, action or proceeding by you related in any way to the Website or Company Services be instituted more than two (2) years after the cause of action arose.
- Informal Resolution.To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this Agreement (“Dispute”), you and Company agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least Sixty (60) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other.
- Binding Arbitration. If you and Company are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, either you or Company may elect to have the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. The determination of whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. If such costs are determined by the arbitrator to be excessive, Company will pay all arbitration fees and expenses. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in Harris County, State of Texas. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you and Company may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- Restrictions.You and Company agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between Company and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other; (2) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (3) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
- Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration.You and Company agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (1) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of any of your or Company’s intellectual property rights; (2) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use, harassment of the Company or any of its directors, officers, or agents, or other illicit activity on the part of the user; and (3) any claim for injunctive relief. If this Section is found to be illegal or unenforceable then neither you nor Company will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this Section found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and you and Company agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
Occasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to various other information. Company reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
Company cannot control the nature of all of the content available on the Website. By operating the Website, Company does not represent or imply that Company endorses any blogs, contributions or other content available on or linked to by the Website, including without limitation content hosted on third party websites or provided by third party applications, or that Company believes contributions, blogs or other content to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. We do not control and are not responsible for unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Website or in connection with any contributions. The Company is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Company Services.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND COMPANY SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND THE COMPANY SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE OR COMPANY SERVICES, (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR COMPANY SERVICES, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO COMPANY FOR THE COMPANY SERVICES DURING THE PERIOD OF THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from and against, any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of your contributed content, use of the Company Services, and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Company, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with Company’s defense of such claims. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices given to Company shall be given by email to the address listed in the contact information below.